topt® an NYC based food/tech start-up, dedicated to nutrition, wellness, and health education, is set to be the trusted brand in healthy food delivery.
OBJECTIVE: Assist in creating the topt product and design a clean and elegant app embodying the core values of topt backed with extensive user research/testing, awareness of best practices in usability, and close collaboration with the CEO Brandon Evans (Crowdtap, MRY, Flic) & CTO Reuben Doetsch (Sportaneous, Greatist, Recombine).
PROCESS (PRODUCT + UX/UI DESIGN):
PROBLEM: "Healthy eating is hard. 52% view it harder than doing taxes." - Food Insight. The current food system is being reborn around health, but current delivery options fail to address this.
TARGET PERSONA: Working 20-30 something yr olds who are interested in a healthy lifestyle, have tried but don't know where to start, or are too busy to keep up/research a healthy eating habit.
- Open ended intercept interviews in health and wellness oriented spots in Manhattan & Brooklyn during lunch time (Sweetgreen, Wholefoods, Juicery, Hu Kitchen, Dig Inn, etc.)
- Collected interview data and translated it into user pain points and needs.
- Design sprints and brainstorming with team (CEO, CTO, Software Engineer Intern, and Business Intern) to get their thoughts and ideas on the direction of the product.
SOLUTION: Simplify healthy eating with an on-demand, educational, and chef + nutritionist curated lunch app catering to users' personal nutritional needs and life goals.
NAVIGATION FLOWS + WIREFRAMES:
- Early Core Experience Flow (Add-Ons Modal vs. Add-Ons Pop Up)
- Early Checkout Options
- WIP Customize Meal Feature Wireframe
PROTOTYPE/USER TESTING: Created with Flinto to test for indirect vs. direct to bag flow and the overall experience users feel from the design/flow. User testing feedback was then applied to the final design.
- Flinto Interaction Preview
iOS Design: Created using Bohemian Sketch 3